Friday, September 17, 2010

Zoya Wonderful Collection

Sorry, I know these swatches have been a long time coming and I actually don't have the swatches for the Wicked part of the collection yet. But these pics were taken with my new camera and are pretty gorgeous if I do say so myself =)

First of all, my materials for swatching if anyone's interested...cut up pantyliners work better than cotton balls or cotton pads in my opinion. Nail polish remover is a must, as well as paper & pen for taking notes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Burke is described as a sienna red cream, and I really love this as a basic red. It's super glossy, and this is two coats. It's a good, everyday red.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stacy is described as a mahogany red cream. This is two coats, and it reminds me a bit of Icing Redwood so I definitely love it....I'm all about the vampy reds

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kelly is described as a paynes gray cream. I'm usually not a huge fan of grays because they can be hit or miss but I love this color. Two coats here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kristi is described as a crimson red cream. I found that you only really needed one coat for a fresh pop of color, but two coats (as shown here) evens it out more and just gives more gloss

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cola is described as a desert sand red cream. I actually really like this color, it really reminds me of Coca-Cola (my favorite soda!) but it really draws out the yellow in my skin, ick. So I wouldn't really recommend it for Asians with similar coloring as mine. It's a brownish red and it kind of has a bit of a tricky application. It could definitely benefit from a few drops of thinner. This is still two coats too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finally, my favorite for last: Shawn, a myrtle green cream. I thought it was gong to be disappointing because the bottle color is nothing to get excited about. BUT it's darker on the nail than in the bottle and it's the perfect green to try if you've never tried green before. It's a lovely shade, but I did have one problem with it: make sure you have a REALLY good basecoat because it left intense staining upon removal. I wasn't wearing my normal topcoat though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And I will definitely try to post the Wicked collection soon but I was very impressed by the Wonderful collection. I'm normally all about the shimmer, sparkle, and glitter but these were all gorgeous creams and I really love them all. They're SO glossy without topcoat too, so just imagine the shine magnified with a good topcoat. Here are the spoon samples of both collections though:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've been playing around with a new watermarking software so my address is a little wonky, sorry! Also, are we liking the new camera? It can be finicky at times but the quality is amazing I think.

6 comments:

Ria said...

Kelly and Shawn look amaaazing!New camera rocks!

Aly said...

Great pictures, love how colors stand out!

Unknown said...

I have to ask, what are the pantyliner pieces for??

N. said...

@Jackie S.- the pantyliners are for nail polish removal! I cut them up, they're much more efficient than regular cotton pads

Unknown said...

Makes sense..thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Do you know you have nail polish all over your fingers? I mean, did you even TRY to do a nice job? Seriously, it looks like a four year old did it. Its not hard to take a nail srt brush and some acetone and clean up all that mess on your skin, you know. Maybe you should look into that.

 
design by suckmylolly.com