Saturday, January 31, 2009

Help!

Occasionally you stumble on a gorgeous polish but it's either unnamed (ahem, Opera polishes), or they stuck the wrong label on it. It makes for very confusing times.

So, I got this Sinful polish and the label said Coco Diamond, but it's definitely not Coco Diamond...

Sorry it's not a great picture but it's a sort of green-teal (more on the green side) with gorgeous glassy flecks of aqua blue in it. This is a terrible picture but the sun came out only like five days after I wore it, so there's quite a bit of tipwear in the picture. Again, apologies.

I did wear this while I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA because it was a very appropriate nail color...it looks like the ocean! And I know I'm biased because I still think the Monterey Bay Aquarium is like the best thing in the world (mostly because it is!), but the Aquarium of the Pacific satisfied my craving for aquatic life.

Anyway yeah if anyone knows what the name of this color is, please let me know! I've never seen this Sinful color before.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they may have changed the color and kept the name and that polish IS coco diamond. I have the same one, and it is labeled the same...if not, now I am curious to about it's true identity!

Unknown said...

Hmm... I'm quite sure that is one of the "Diamonds". I saw a swatch of it somewhere on flickr... It definately had a strange name, like even Pink Diamond?

Anonymous said...

There were a few 'diamond' named polishes in a collection that was exclusive to Walgreens (or so was said on the nailboard) and this is one of them! So yes it is named Coco Diamond but there is still a brownish Coco Diamond in the core line! Hope that helps! :)

Anonymous said...

It is Coco Diamond. Someone on the MUA boards wrote to Sinful and asked, and they said that the Walgreen's exclusive set that had the weird "diamond" names happened to have the same names as some of their older/core colors.

Translation: someone got lazy with the labels. :)

Unknown said...

I have a sinful color it looks just the one you have but more purple/blue and its called pink diamond. There is no pink in this color. Weird?? Is this the correct name?

amanda said...

my green/blue is coco diamond, and my blue is pink diamonds. i've questioned this myself, but everything i find online backs up the stickers.

Unknown said...

My mauve/pink is labeled Coco Diamond which seems more fitting, but I did buy it over a year ago. I noticed the number changed from 7 to 145 as well. Odd.

 
design by suckmylolly.com