Monday, April 28, 2008

Early Morning Hotness: Icing Redwood

It's no secret on the Nail Board that I'm a devout lover of Icing Redwood. Icing makes surprisingly spectacular polishes. It has a great range of color, applies pretty well, and the wear is usually very good as well. Redwood looks so unspectacular in the bottle that I don't remember why I felt compelled to buy it in the first place. Ahhhh but then I swatched it and it exceeded my hopes for it.

Redwood is a gorgeous, vampy red and notoriously hard to photograph. Here it is in full sunlight:

Doesn't look like much, right? Here are some shady (tehe) pictures to capture the jelly-ness. The next two pictures are a much more accurate representation of the color in real life:


Of course, I had to save the best for last. This is probably the most accurate representation of Redwood (minus the fact that my fingers look super washed out) taken with flash I believe:

Icing polishes are ONLY available at Icing stores. Icing's parent company, Claire's, do not have the same polishes! Your best bet to find an Icing store is to go to your local mall's website and look at the directory. Icing polishes retail for $3.50, but most of the time they will have a Buy One Get One Free or Buy One get One 50% Off promotion. Redwood should still be a relatively easy color to find, though I hear that at some places it's been discounted. I hope it's not being discontinued though!

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com