Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OPI Light My Sapphire

Black polish has been around for a while but it was always tabooed by mainstream America. In the last couple of years however, the powers that be (fashion industry, media, the general consumer) have decided that vampy colors are chic and "in." Now colors that normally would be reserved for emo, punk, or gothic social groups (I hate branding, but what can ya do?) are no longer looked down upon.

If you're like me though, I was a little hesitant to make the jump from all pinks to straight black. There's where OPI Light My Sapphire comes in. Affectionately abbreviated as LMS, this polish will always have a place in my heart as my first OPI and first vampy shade. I think it's a very versatile shade, great for all skin tones because of its abundance of very fine microshimmer. This shade is a very blackened blue. Indoors, it looks black unless you look closely. Outside, in the sun, you can see that it looks like a very dark navy.

See how gorgeous it is? In reality the very fine shimmer is what makes it so special, it keeps the polish from looking flat and uninteresting

As you can see from my pinky, it looks different in the shade compared to in the sun. It's quite a gorgeous color though, don't you think?

Light My Sapphire is a pretty easy-to-find color. It's available at online etailers, Ulta stores, and most local beauty supplies that carry OPI.

2 comments:

mrsarainey said...

you have created a new lemming for me! Thankfully as you said, it is easy to find! Great new blog, look forward to reading it often :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous polish!

 
design by suckmylolly.com