Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Despite all the political shenanigans that's going on these days, I don't think patriotism is dead in America. Every year, the 4th of July is more than consumerism, it's a way to show pride in celebrating the day America gained independence from England. I really wanted to do like a cool design on my nails to celebrate today, but since I'm still sick I opted for a lazier option. I'd been sporting Lippmann's My Old Flame, so I just put NYC Starry Silver Glitter over it. The result? Very festive nails. It looks a bit like fireworks, doesn't it? Well, if the sky were red.

The Lippmann Collection is a brand of polish that I've never tried before because it's so darn expensive ($15) for colors that just aren't appealing to me. Even the most interesting one Rehab, wasn't beautiful enough to totally win me over. However with the big Bath & Body Works sales going on recently, I found some that were 75% off. I've heard the raves about application and wear so I figured for 75% off, what did I have to lose, right? Well, it's true. The application and pigmentation was amazing. One coat provided amazingly opaque coverage, I only had to do two to achieve perfection. My Old Flame is a true, classic red creme, the only thing that did bother me slightly was that I could see a bit of the brush strokes up close. But overall, I definitely think that if there are any colors in the future that are appealing to me I wouldn't hesitate to pay the full price for it. The above picture was taken after I had been wearing My Old Flame for FIVE days. Here it is fresh and pretty:
It's very much a pretty, classic red. Lippmann polishes retail for $15 and can be found only at Bath & Body Works flagship stores (you can check online here for which stores near you are flagship ones), select Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus stores, or online at the Lippmann Collection store.

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com