Hmm. Well, I've used this base coat for about a month now, and my nails are very, VERY dry. Like completely stripped of oils. I left them naked and bare for two days and it was still very very dry and my nails were peeling more so than usual.
The directions are: Apply one coat over clean dry bare nails; let dry. To maximize effects, apply a second coat. Perfect under nail color or wear alone for natural nails with a healthy radiance.
It's supposed to:
- Brighten and Smooth Natural Nails.
- UV Protection to Resist Yellowing; Enriched with Natural Extracts.
- Instantly whiten and brighten nails for a fresher cleaner appearance.
- Helps correct the visible effects of staining and other discolorations of the nail and intensify the white of natural nails.
- Ridge-filling action creates a smooth flawless finish.
As a basecoat itself, it actually did prevent staining which is something even the almighty Barielle Camouflage can't do. Also, my stains did fade a bit. However, given how the negatives outweigh the positives, I can't say I'll ever buy this one again. It does make a decent top coat though, because of the micro shimmers.
SH Insta-Brite Nail Whitener retails for $4.99 and can be found at Target