Thursday, May 8, 2008

Early Morning Hotness: Elizabeth Arden Rodeo Dr. Rouge

Sometimes, I have no idea how my thoughts interconnect. My mind tends to drift off really randomly, and whenever that happens my friends usually stop talking until I snap back to reality because they know I'm not paying attention. Then they ask (always in an exasperated tone!, "Are you done now?" And of course I nod, apologize, and then try to pay attention.

But hey, to quote the great philosopher Popeye, "I yam who I yam."

Erm, there was a point this this. Yes! So the other day I was thinking about how much I am dreading driving to L.A. It's about a little more than an hour away and I kind of have to go so I can get a visa at one of the consulates. So thinking of L.A. reminded me of the Chanel LE collection in this post, and I was thinking about Rodeo Drive, and then coincidentally, I just happened to decide to wear Elizabeth Arden's Rodeo Dr. Rouge. See how everything interconnects nicely?

Rodeo Dr. Rouge is a gorgeous red polish that was a little out of my comfort zone. It has amazing sparkle shimmer with an orangey/red base that was a bit hard to photograph but I think you can see it here:

I honestly can't believe that I ever hated how red looked on me, snubbing it as too odd-looking on me. Red and pink are however universally flattering colors in terms of nail polish in my opinion. Black too! Well not flattering in the conventional sense but more like everyone can pull off black and it works for all skin tones. Wait, I just contradicted myself didn't I? Ah well.

Unfortunately, Elizabeth Arden has discontinued their polish line, which is a real shame. I bought all of mine when Ulta clearanced them, and if you're lucky you might be able to find some left in the clearance bins! I don't know why EA decided to discontinue them, they are gorgeous colors with fantastic application and beautiful bottles! Maybe if their customer service ever gets back to me (within 24 hours my ass! I even checked my spam folder...), I'll be able to provide you guys with an answer.

I would ask Ulta, but I'm currently in the midst of a bitter (and kind of one-sided since their customer service representatives are ALWAYS busy when I have time to call) battle with them over a credit card charge. I'm not going to get into the messy details of that but I do hope that a) my local Sally's gets more China Glaze polishes in soon and b) my local beauty supplies will have the new OPI collections and finally c) that stupid charge gets cleared!

1 comment:

Scrangie said...

Hey- it's Scrangie :) Love your blog!

So you mind if I link you on my blog?

 
design by suckmylolly.com